Tuesday, August 26, 2014

                           New Plymouth
                         Devon Exchange

Last week we traveled down to New Plymouth for an exchange with Devon Intermediate. Basicly its were we verse them in sports such as Netball, Rugby, Hockey, Soccer and Basketball and we'd also be billeted from a Devon student, Devon teachers or Mokoia teachers, Its not your choice.
Day one was Wednesday and we were travelling down, It was a really bumpy road we were driving on. When we arrived I was happy, We walked into their hall and sat down. Mr Avery said a speech and then we were toured around their school by our billets.
The bell rang, then we went home. My billets name was Charlie, she was really fun and we hung out with my friend Marnie and her billet Phillipa we just went to the sand Junes and then we went to the soccer fields it was so fun!
Day two we went to school and it was game time. We walked into the hall and wished each other good luck, we both walked in different directions to go to our sports team. Charlie played hockey and I played Netball. Sadly we lost Netball but with a smile. I went to cheer on Rugby with my friends Marnie, Destiny and Kyraleigh.
We played hand ball for a bit too, until i saw chocolates for sale I ditched the game and ran over too get some chocolate i bought alot! After the sport we went to the aquatic center. The hydro-slide was the best part both of them, the top one was the best it was really steep. Then we went home and Marnie, Phillipa, Charlie and I went to the mall and had a look around for an hour and a half, throughout that whole time we brought smoothies. My billet and I went home and to get ready for the disco. The Disco was so fun until the end when fire trucks arrived, we went home and i called home and went to sleep.
Day three I was bummed we had to go home, but also happy. I gave my host family a box of  chocolates to say thanks and a big hug. I went into the hall and then I gave my billet the biggest hug and thank you. Devon Intermediate put on a little show before we hit the road. My billet walked me to the bus I gave her another big hug and said thank you I walked into onto the bus and gave one last wave. We were going and then watched a movie. We arrived at school and gave my dad a big hug (mum was at work) I gave all of my friends a hug, they missed me and then we went home.
My highlight was meeting my host family, getting my own room and bathroom, the sand Junes, going to the mall, going to the aquatic center, the disco and playing them in sport.
My con was the end of the disco because we spent most of the time outside and leaving New Plymouth.
I wish we could of gone out a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment